Trolling through the Federal Business opportunities portal today, I ran across an interesting solicitation from the Little Creek, VA-based Naval Special Warfare Group 2.

In it they’re looking for some new kit to outfit their SEAL platoons, including swim fins, masks, boots and gloves.

I thought it would be cool to post some of the items on the list, since there are a few that are by name requests.

You can see the whole Navy SEAL gear list at this link.

Some interesting items and those East Coast SEALs sure love their Blackhawk gear, huh (so do I)…

Unimpressed June 23, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Interesting on the RBR armor since they are going out of business and it conflicts with armor from a program of record (SPEAR). Also, almost none of it is Berry compliant. LOGSU may be buying it, but that doesn't mean it is going to SEALs.

Dave June 23, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Holsters for a 9mm Jericho? I don't think these are going to SEALs either. BTW, that is one of the worst acquisition documents that I have ever read. Almost none of the item descriptions are adequate. SWAT Zipper Boot? WTF?

Sylkey August 6, 2010 at 1:37 am

Can you tell me more about RBR going out of business, I have been trying to contact them for days.

specwar66 October 14, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Hey is this Jake who's helping a certain faimly member of mine. Just curious if was you. I came across this post today and I thought of you when I saw Jake the Snake. If it is, you stay safe where you are. Talk ya when you get back Bro. & thanks for helping him out. Gene L. Norfolk

SEAL Team 7 July 5, 2011 at 6:00 am

i am a SEAL, and most of that is not what we have…your dumb as hell, man go get your facts straight!!

Swift November 18, 2011 at 9:24 pm

The gear listed is for kids. Airsofters. Basically seals get anything they need and are not going to post it in open forum. The bad guys have internet as well. After all, its plain foolish to expose your play book. Just kids, being kids. Take care all.

KNIGHT April 1, 2012 at 2:02 pm

*** man your not a seal theres a motto " Silent pride" you dont have it dumb ***

MH60Rbubba March 16, 2014 at 1:37 am

east coast seal teams probably buy Blackhawk products because their headquarters building is in Norfolk right by the airport and literally is 15 minutes from littlecreek, and the guy who runs Blackhawk products is a former navy seal. I used to work for the construction company that built his headquarters building and met the guy. Seems pretty logical to me. I have some of their gear and it is top notch.

gratuit March 16, 2014 at 2:21 am

Hello i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace,
when i read this paragraph i thought i could also create
comment due to this brilliant paragraph.