The Fastest 2x2x2 Drill on the Planet

Well, it might not be…but it sure is one of the fastest bits of shooting I’ve ever seen.

I ran across this video this weekend to pick up some tips on shooting drills and was blown away at how fast Kyle Lamb can push lead through these targets. Kit Up! readers might remember my attempt at this drill last year at ITI and it was pathetic (especially since my boss beat me as well).

But Lamb has the money quote in this one where he says “taking out three dudes in less than two seconds isn’t bad.”

So tell us what your fastest time has been in this (or a similar) rifle drill in the comments.

20 Comments on "The Fastest 2x2x2 Drill on the Planet"

1. Kyle Lamb, the best of the best.

2. FormerSFMedic | June 27, 2011 at 11:51 am |

No doubt Kyle Lamb is one of the best shooter-trainers in the industry. Make no mistake there is a big difference between shooters….trainers….and shooter-trainers. This guy is a fantastic trainer and an amazing shooter. Its great to see former Army SOF Operators taking their skills to this level and then passing that knowledge on. I have not met Kyle, but he has been on post at the same time I have been, and everyone that trained with him said he was an awsome guy. If you haven't checked out his videos on youtube or his DVD's or books, you should!

3. You know i always wondered why the LAV doesn't shoot this fast when he teaches. Must just be different styles.

4. jrexilius | June 28, 2011 at 6:27 am |

wow.. just wow..

5. Sandman73 | June 28, 2011 at 7:07 pm |

Great training shooting. All basic fundamentals applied. In full rattle battle with heart rate up 2.1 is my best. Train like you fight, fight like you train.>> Silens, Celer, Mortalis

6. In how many occasions do you have to shoot three persons, after you had them still in front of you for several minutes?

(Executions excluded…)

7. FormerSFMedic | June 29, 2011 at 2:00 am |

Seriously?

8. Saint Dude | June 29, 2011 at 11:50 am |

@ 2.08
    "1.31, that's not too bad."

9. No doubt about this, the problem is that he knows perfectly where the new target is. So there's nothing great in the performance. It's only a matter of repeating the excercise mechanically in one fixed direction.
    An excercise like this is completely useless to practice a real situation.

After this, he's really fast.

10. That outstanding shooteing.

11. LeR your 100% right!!! sfmedic doesn't have a clue

12. I see. Thank you for your complete aswer, I appreciate it.

13. kilo11 Christian is the man!!!! and has shown that he is human and has admitted in past articles he has made mistakes (i sign of a true man).Unlike others who say their word is it and nobody else can tell them different. I am not going to bragg about my past at all that's what punks do. Brandon?well god bless him i hope he sells allot of books and TV shots to settle down with a whole lot of cash in his pockets. When your a pitch man that's your job not knocking his past service at all in fact i thank him. Maybe he could stand to let off of the cupcakes a little though, Ha! just playin, Brandon don't freak brother. But i am sure we all know there is a big difference in range generals and the real deal. So maybe you should keep the comments down your better off. A two second clip on youtube ain't nothing. As far as SFm he could be genral patton as far as we all know come back to life?.Like i posted many times don't like what you see? don't respond ignore me the idiot.

14. I am nobody just a low life broom pusher toilet cleaner this should make many happy. For the know it all dudes get dead real quick in the fog. This is why that lesson of the private in his/her first day with the unit can come up with an idea to save the whole battalion(also being the leader to realize if it is or isn't). Look what happened in world war 2 with the hedgerows and how some lower ranking troop came up with the idea that saved the mission and lives.It wasn't designed by some high tech general in the rear it was improvised then and there. Get the point?,

15. Joe Drumgoole | July 18, 2011 at 5:14 pm |

The exercise seems contrived and unlikely to represent the noisy environment that is more likely in a situation where three potential targets are that close. Accuracy is important but is that the real key to success in these close quarter engagements? At those ranges, with armed assailants I'd want to move more between shots to increase my life expectancy.

16. Yo! It's a drill. When you need it, it will be there. Period.

17. Key to surviving said engagement: putting lead on target. Moving takes time. If one can put two on each of three targets within 2-3 seconds, moving will do more to kill you than anything else. A deliberate entry followed up by shooting like this is what it's all about. 3 seconds is not a lot of time for the bad guys to react. If preceded by a stun-grenade, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

18. Hi FSF18D! Lonng time! :)

Absolutely agree – if I had the money, I would be going for all of these guys courses. The best I can do is get the DVDs when I can put aside some money but I have a pretty good selection started. Hope you've been happy and well!

19. He is wicked with that stick.

Comments are closed.