Predator to Offer Hot New Compensator

Some of you might have heard some preliminary scuttlebutt about this radical new compensator that allows the shooter to tune the amount recoil for his particular rifle, caliber and barrel.

The so-called EFFIN-A has ports that can be closed or opened to match the rifle’s climb, scientifically adjusting the gas emission to keep that muzzle on the black.

The EFFIN-A Compensator was designed to allow the end user the ability to adjust the manner in which the gas exits from the weapon. The EFFIN-A features 7 columns and 4 rows of exit ports that can be either opened or closed through the very simple use of set screws. The exit ports are not threaded completely through to eliminate the possibility of the screw being over turned into the chamber. This feature also allows the screw to “bottom out” increasing tightness and ensuring that it will not work itself out under the pressure of the gasses being released by the weapon. This Compensator also features the ability to “Stack” multiple comps end to end giving further options to the end user.

We received word that Predator Armament will distribute the EFFIN-A and is now accepting pre-orders for the tricky new device for a dealer exclusive price of $90. Company officials say the compensators will probably ship in late August or early September.

28 Comments on "Predator to Offer Hot New Compensator"

1. Lol I wouldnt want to get shot by those airsoft guns in the video…

2. Are those a bunch of set screws? Oh that's great, I'm sure they'll never be lost…

3. What about the possibility of someone not tightening down one of the set screws completely and, upon firing, one of those babies turning into a projectile flying directly down the firing line?

4. the PartyisOver | July 18, 2011 at 8:27 am | Reply

this goes to show you, that the only ones winning the Global War on Terrorism are companies like Blue Force, 5.11 and Arc'Tyrex.

they go to Vietnam or Indonesia, get something made for 20 bucks and turn around then sell it for 800 bucks at taxpayers expense.

and people wonder what the debt ceiling is–gov't waste. If airsofters wanna spend this much money on gear, yeah, but please please purty please don't use taxpayers money for this.

5. IT's like Tulip-mania, buy 'em while they're HOT, because once we draw dawn from all current wars (to focus on domestic problems), we'll simply stop buying over-priced designer gear (for those that want to look good and feel rich in war). You're right the only demand at that point will come from the airsoft community, and since these are 30 yr olds still living with mommy, economic conditions will eventually render their airsoft fancies untenable (read: they are gonna eventually have to get a job, maybe in China).

6. 800 bucks 4 hi speed pants is nothing compared to the Joint Strike fighter program.

7. FormerSFMedic | July 18, 2011 at 11:36 am | Reply

Come on guys, stay on point! If you wanna discuss airsoft, do it someplace else. The discussions in the comments section on this blog has declined because of off subject comments. Christian does a fantastic job and even gets ideas from "commenters". Please stay on subject. There are some people that really learn a lot from what some of us have to say.

8. FormerSFMedic | July 18, 2011 at 11:44 am | Reply

@Ares Armor- Iam intrigued to see what this comp is capable of. Being able to fine tune the ports to a specific shooter and load sounds promising. I'm thinking of buying one and doing a review somewhere if I get a chance.$90 is a damn good price if this thing does half of what it says it does.

9. the Alamo Scouts did their ops with nothing more than a toothpick and a sharp knife. They lived off the land and did their missions. I don't think they asked for comps or 800 dollar pants.

10. Is it me or has there been an abundance of douchebaggery in the commentary section recently? The anonymity of the web has really upped the douchebag factor of alot of people.

11. The more I think about this product the more I like it. It looks like hell, which doesn't matter much, but being able to tune it yourself is appealing. I am not sure if I would want to deploy with something like this because of the little screws, but I would love to try it out.

12. What if you get dirt or mud stuck in those holes?

13. Daniel E. Watters | July 18, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Reply

Interestingly, the US Army Ballistic Research Laboratory and Human Engineering Laboratory were playing with a similar adjustable muzzle brake concept all the way back in 1962. You can find the report on the DOD's Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) website as "Summary of Studies Conducted with the AR15".

14. I just had a thought. How good is the gas seal with those set screws? Because with that thread off front to the compensator you could put on a silencer mount (say an AAC Blackout flashhider for example) and seal off the vents when you want to use the silencer. But if you say travel to a state that doesn't allow silencers you could just open up the ports and regain some of the recoil reducing capabilities that the silencer gives you.

15. RealityBites | July 18, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Reply

if the Vietnamese or Indonesians can make the exact same thing and give the end user some extra savings to go to Walmart and buy groceries, then I'd go w/ the most cost effective product.

sure we can subsidize you guys by buying American, but in this economy… the BEST value wins.

16. SFC Williams | July 18, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Reply

I just don't think compressors, unless you're an assaulter, are really needed. How far are the average firefights in A-stan, again? Do the math. This is just the old, "if Delta or SEALs have it, I should too" attitude, even though I'm just motor-T.

17. Dude, there's so many wannabe SOCOMs out there, that you guys at Ares Armor, have nothing to worry about, you will be billionaires selling comps, like those balance bands they sell at malls. If NBA and NFL athletes are wearing them, I should too!!!

18. have u guys talked to ATF?

19. Former Infantry | July 19, 2011 at 6:39 am | Reply

I don't get it. I'm not convinced that the AR15/M4/M16 rifles have enough recoil to warrant a compensator much less one that allows the shooter to "fine tune" it to the shooter's preference. IMHO, the time it takes for such an effort can be better spent teaching our Soldiers how to PROPERLY APPLY THE FUNDAMENTALS OF RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP (which they are severely lacking).

20. As a disabled veteran with a skeleton that is becoming more brittle due to GWS I have become very recoil sensative. I love to shoot though on a regular basis. If this compensator works as they claim and, they make it in .30 caliber, I may just be able to shoot my .300WinMag again! Hoooraaaayyyyy!!!!!!
    SBFP2012

21. My beret was made in Canada. I wonder if that's compliant.

22. First, as a former airsofter, I can tell you that there is rather a lot of bad behavior coming out of that sport. Making it cheap just made it worse. They can be good training for some things, but no one should have any illusions about how well an airsofter would do in an actual firefight. Conversely, I've also seen Marine 0311s walk into the sport and get them their butts handed to them because they couldn't play the game by its own rules.

Second, I see this being a highly-useful product for the race gun crowd, and thats not a bad thing. Tuning your weapon to the slightest detail is an incredibly critical thing. Not my thing, but someones thing.

Third, I applaud Ares for being American Made. Thats rare enough these days.

That all being said, set screws bother me. Are you guys selling packs of replacements for lost screws?

23. Not being a smart ass, but I’m looking forward to the day when some invents a weapons system that will go to war with out the grunt to carry it, fire it, clean it and maybe get killed because it don’t work. If they cam come up with this weapon system so that the grunt can set at a desk in some office and fight the war then I’m all far this. Now let’s get to work and come up with one.. This is just a thought, but I know there is someone working on it all ready as I type this

24. FormerSFMedic | July 19, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Reply

Mark up? Their stuff is lower priced or on par with the closest competition! Check your information before you post it. The EFFIN-A comp is a bargain at $90. I paid $150 for my BattleComp and my Surefire MB556. It's $125 for a PWS FSC556 and the same for a Surefire FB. If this new comp holds up and does what it was designed to do, then $90 is a small process to pay.

25. looks cool, i would love to see a review of it from a grunt and a sport shooter.

26. This is called innovation, and the guys at Ares are thinking out of the box which leads to better gear in the future for everyone. Good job guys and I am one of your competitors! Semper Fi!

27. By design, this compensator can not be more effective than the popular ones already out there (Rolling Thunder, Miculek, SJC Titan, Cooley, JP Tank). All those that claim this is the next best thing probably spend a lot of time on AR15.com, want a Battlecomp, and prefer shiny/fancy/pricey muzzle jewelry to take pictures of and brag about online. This comp is even more of joke in that instead of the manufacturer designing, testing, and tuning a great comp design, they just drill a bunch of holes and plug them with set screws so that the customer can do all the testing and tuning themselves! Hahahaha!

28. will the 7.62 work on the 300 win mag?