I still remember full pouch failure (single stitched) on my Blackhawk M60 200 round pouches…a lot of good their warranty did me on a 20 click Recon as a SEAL 60 Gunner…….They may have improved their quality assurance program but, I’ve boycotted that company ever since and never looked back.
From Eagle:The Eagle Airborne Assault Pack (E-AAP) body and exterior pockets are constructed of abrasion and water-resistant material. The handle/connector strap is sewn to the top and all the way around the sides with 5 cord thread on a class seven machine. The 1 3/4” Type 13 is the actual width of the parachute harness hardware, giving you a true, secure hook-up. The connector straps are stowed under the side pockets with a webbing flap and a side release buckle. The top also has ONE-WRAP Velcro® to hold the side release buckles out of the way when not in use.
Heavy-duty YKK® zippers
- All zippers have paracord pulls for noise suppression
- All pockets and compartments are fitted with “O” grommets for drainage
- “D” rings and webbing loops on straps for routing and attaching extra equipment
- Fully adjustable sternum strap
- Top of pack has reinforced holes, with a Cordura ® and Velcro® flap, for radio antennas and wire routing
- The handle, which doubles as the parachute harness connector straps, is a 1¾”, 7000 lb. tensile strength, mil. Spec. webbing
- All side pockets are fitted with 1” mil. Spec. Cordura® webbing and side release buckles for extra wear resistance and decreased buckle slide