Most of you have noticed by now that we’re doing things a bit differently on Kit Up. We still have a few new things that are coming down the pipe, but rest assured that we will continue to give you hard core reviews of the best Kit out there.
We are looking forward to having a great SHOT show this year and will have all hands on deck at this years show. Let us know what you want to see at the show and we’ll track it down.
The Military.com team is designing a new logo for us, so look for that coming soon. You guys will have a say in helping us choose the final designs once we have some options back from the design team. Once that happens, we’ll make up some cool shirts and be sure to have some giveaways.
Please remember to use the new Kit Up Fireteam page to drop us a line on any gear or weapon ideas you would like us to review. We listen, trust me.
Bill, Dave, Jack and I have decided to give you some regular monthly content on the following topics:
- Gun of the Month: recognizing that publications like Harris (Guns & Ammo) do not write balanced reviews (most content is just to keep their advertisers happy), me and the team are going to start featuring different weapon reviews each month. If you want to see something on here, just let us know.
- Knife of the Month: for the same reasons as above.
- Book of the Month: We are going to start reviewing and featuring our favorite military related books. Past, current and future releases.
- Video Game Reviews: Expect to see more game reviews and critique on tactical realism (e.g. did the publisher get it right) Also look for game giveaways.
- Current Events-Please let me know if you would like us to provide our feedback on Military Hot Spots. We are considering more of this.
- Opinion piece-We feature your opinion on what’s happening. Have a cool post with pics? Send it in via the Fireteam page and we’ll take a look and maybe post it up for everyone to see.
- Zombie & Biological Warfare with special guest Pat Kilbane. Pat is Kit Up’s resident Zombie expert. He’s a comedian, former Mad TV actor and co-author of the Brain Eaters Bible.
My main goal at Kit Up is to give you original content and reviews on the best/newest kit out there. Then we sprinkle in a little extra military related topics to keep it interesting. Kit Up represents a very unique perspective on the net. Our guys have been down range and know what works and what doesn’t. We know how it feels to live off of MRE’s for 6 months. We know how crappy it feels to drive by a pile of garbage on the side of the road waiting for the coming BOOM of an Improvised Explosive Device (IED)! And most importantly, as end users, we know gear, guns and have a thing or two to say about things.
The contributors and I love writing for Kit Up, and I would like to personally thank all of you for your continued support.