Kit Up Rifle Shooter

The Rifle Shooter by David Tubb

The Rifle Shooter by David Tubb is an excellent read to drive home the fundamentals of precision shooting (see section 1 Mechanics).

I first met David Tubb at the SHOT Show last year and he was talking about a new scope reticle that he had designed (David, if you’re reading this drop me a line so KU can check it out!).  He was also kind enough to send me a copy of his book which I just finally got around to reading.

While I’m not a big fan of match shooting (what was that Hemingway quote?….), I do see the benefits and I would recommend picking up David’s book. I especially like his section on mental preparation and this can be applied to multiple disciplines including all the Airsoft bubbas.

If you guys pick up a copy be sure to drop me a line via the Fireteam page and let me know what you think.

Brandon

Click Here to Follow Brandon on Twitter for the latest Kit Up gouge.

THE "Airsoft Bu January 1, 2012 at 8:18 am

Hemingway once said, “There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”

That is why I am THE Airsoft Bubba. Nothing better than making grown men and teenage punks scream for mercy after lighting them up with 6mm 400FPS white bio-degradable Crossman BB's.

Yours Truly,
Airsoft Bubba

P.s. Thanks for the honorable mention

THE "Airsoft Bu January 1, 2012 at 8:20 am

Jokes aside, thanks for the recommendation. There are so many "tactical long-range precision shooting How-To's" out there and you never know what you're going to get.

Brandon Webb January 1, 2012 at 12:14 pm

You got it! -Brandon

FormerSFMedic January 1, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I've been familiar with David for a few years now and I have always enjoyed his articles in the popular gun publications. A lot of tactical guys and military shooters might not feel like David has anything to offer them, but I can assure you he does. His understanding of shooting fundamentals translates over to just about any shooting discipline. The guy really knows his stuff.

I have always believed that if you wanna be the best shooter you can be, you have to learn from every area of shooting you can. That includes learning techniques that you might not agree with or even use. Once you've mastered multiple disciplines and techniques, you can then developed your own methodology and adapt your shooting style to better work for you. David has tremendous knowledge on precision shooting, and his book should be a winner. Thanks for the heads up Brandon!

Brandon Webb January 1, 2012 at 4:12 pm

you bet! -bw

Lance January 1, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Good I like a man who tell all rifle shooter to start with fundamentals like Iron Sights before moving to tacticool stuff like scopes and other stuff.

Jacob January 2, 2012 at 5:58 am

This guy knows his stuff. I deployed with his son Taylor on a PSD team OIF 07-08 and he is also a great shooter.

jake January 3, 2012 at 11:10 am

David Tubb has a great web site for his products also and has top of the line springs for M16/AR 15 rifles.The buffer spring that they sell (flat ) can be used for carbine or regular rifle(the same spring).The extractor and ejector springs are also recomended.He also sells finishing bullets both loaded or just bullets for you to load for a hand lapped effect. It's worth the check!