TacTailor personnel explaining their Plate Carrier.

The Tactical Tailor Fight Light Plate Carrier is significantly lighter (30% lighter) than many other PCs on the market and it’s extremely comfortable (comfortable here being a relative term of course). It was made by combining “outdoor industy fabrics” with traditional military fabrics to lighten the load without sacrificing durability. It was designed from athletic perspective rather than just a typical military load-bearing perspective in order to improve fit and wear, particularly over the long term. It’s adjustable for body type rather than just size, and it’s made so you can get them out of the armor for medical treatment without ruining it. A molded foam backing on the interior allows for air circulation to reduce heat retention as well as providing some blunt trauma perspective. It’s currently available in coy, blk, multi-cam and will soon be available in A-TACs and Ranger Green.

Tactical Tailor’s website is here, they are on Facebook of course and you can always purchase their kit from the ADS Inc. website. They have an online catalog or you can shop by brand for Tactical Tailor.

Lance June 22, 2012 at 11:18 am

There over 500+ plate carriers in all camo types on the market BORING!!

defensor fortissimo June 22, 2012 at 12:07 pm

the website has just multicam, a-tacs and coyote brown listed for the fight light carrier

Tactical Tailor Mark June 22, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I'm afraid that the available colors in the article are a little off. The carrier is available in coyote, MC and ATACS in all sizes. We just received limited numbers of black and RG in in size large, but they aren't on the website yet. These can be ordered over the phone if anyone is interested.

APAC June 22, 2012 at 2:47 pm

The carrier isn't the problems,it is the hard plate insert that weighs a ton! Spectra Steel and others weigh less, protect more but we buy these ceraminc junk plates, one big hit and they are broken glass!

Mase June 23, 2012 at 3:24 pm

While on the subject of plate carriers, does anyone know which ones on the market will fit a man 6'2" 350? Point Blank's Rapid Response PC goes to 3X, I believe. Any others?

Will June 24, 2012 at 3:04 pm

If you are cav, you aint ****

Stefan S. June 26, 2012 at 9:10 am

"If you aint Cav morale patch". I don't see no f-in horses or sabers in Tacoma! Mkay?

GW @ tacticaltailor July 5, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Man, I know what you are talking about. I carried those same plates on my deployment.i was shocked when i went to work here to see the light weightr plates available. When we make a oproduct we try to help the trooper with his or her issues. The issue is that Body armor plate
that is issued is the same weight and not getting lighter till 2014 or so, says the PEO guys told us. so we tried to make everything else lighter.

GW @ tacticaltailor July 5, 2012 at 2:26 pm

relax, its just a patch.

GW @ tacticaltailor July 5, 2012 at 2:27 pm

PLate size is the key. what size plates are you wearing.

Mase July 5, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Using single curve "shooters cut" 10×12. I'll have to check, but I think he has ceramic SAPI and mine are dyneema. I'm 6'1" 195 finding right fit isn't too hard for me. My partner is a big guy like I said above. He's got that big farmboy bubba build and most tac gear doesn't fit him comfortably. Any thoughts?