Cut You Down

This may be old, but I like it so I’m putting it up here to give you a break from more somber stuff. Makes me wish I was able to spend more time training.

Any day on the range is better than a day in the office.

Hat tip to Joey Boswell of War Sport for reminding me of this.

22 Comments on "Cut You Down"

1. Kirk Abraham | July 26, 2012 at 10:51 am | Reply

Semper Fi

2. I love it when people mount foregrips and still hold the magwell.

3. This is a prime pre battle primer…

4. Damn I wish my range days looked like that.

5. Haha…Great Editing. Plenty of Hollywood shooting though. Best part is that with all the tricked out guns, they're still lacking the basics. Just watch the trigger control on some of these dudes and that Mag release is just stupid. Wouldn't make sense in a confined area or behind a shooting position.

6. I get angry every time I see this.

It's great editing and video work. But the gear and methods are completely silly to me. It looks like airsofters who jumped to magpul/sport shooting, trying to pretend to be SOCOM.

7. Well, not gonna argue tactics. They look like they had a good time to me though, which was my point. It's all fun and games until an airsofter outshoots you on the range!

Anyway, don't care whether they're steely eyed killer elites or not. They're shooting and they're having a good time with it, and I wish I was doing that instead of sitting behind this keyboard right now…

8. I'm bothering to reply here because I respect this blog and read it frequently. Thanks for the mention, David.

This video was pieced together 4 years ago; needless to say we have come a long way since then. It is a 110-second glimpse of a single range day… one of many.
    I didn't upload the video so that every keyboard-commando in the world could question my credentials. My friends and I know what we've done and where we've been, and that's good enough for me.
    If it motivated a single person to hit the range and improve himself, all the better.

Here's a more recent GoPro vid for the loyal readers of Kit Up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsccaZlVclI

9. Whoa partner. Not sure why any of this would make you angry. Even if what you're asserting is true, I see no reason that it should hurt you or make you angry. This country needs more of this, not less.

10. Was going to say the same thing – it's still pretty interesting in the variety of ways people position their hand; I prefer magwell over foregrips myself.

11. Stormcharger | July 26, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Reply

I have shamelessly used videos like this one to fire up my own students, have some fun, and then get down to business. It's just like driving a muscle car, I feel sorry for those who have never done a good burnout. It is good to use your equipment and tactics properly, but as long as your safe, you can let yourself have fun every once in a while.

So I thank people like Glin and David, keep it up and shoot straight.

12. FormerSFMedic | July 26, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Reply

The methods that you use are totally up to you. You use what works best for YOU. With that said, I saw everyone in this video release the mag the same way anyone would……….with the mag release. As far as trigger control. I saw no cause for concern.

This video has become pretty big in the shooting community. Nice job to the fellas that shot this one!

13. FormerSFMedic | July 27, 2012 at 4:46 am | Reply

How is the gear and methods silly to you? Every shooter in the video looked very sound fundamentally and I didn't see any gear issues either. Maybe you could be more specific.

14. Where's the shooting bench? This fat guy with a bad leg aint running around with all that. lol

15. pc_load_letter | July 27, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Reply

I don't get the hate towards "airsofters". While I've never shot an airsoft gun in my life, I know plenty of recreational airsoft shooters who transitioned to live firearms who can outshoot local PD at my local range.

While airsoft is a game, it still teaches fundamentals like grip, stance etc etc. At work we use simunition versus live rounds, does that make us less of a shooter?

16. pc_load_letter | July 27, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Reply

Roger that!

17. I saw two of them remove their finger from the trigger right after pulling, but only once each. at 1:12 w/ the asian dude and 1:14 w/ the bald guy. Is that what you're talkin'bout? otherwise i don't see what the big deal is for what they're doing.

Oh and what about the mag changes? What are you expecting? There was one guy who was relatively slow when he was on a knee – which is to be expected. be more specific!

18. Train like you fight

19. its not hollywood shooting, its fighting with your rifle. Nobody is perfect, though that is why you shoot to begin with. Some of those reload techniques, like at 0:42, were awesome. I really wish I would have seen them do that with the M1 garand from the beginning.

I havent used the BAD lever before however. It seems to work expediently!

20. RogerCopRabbit | July 27, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Reply

Although I find the video entertaining and not much else. Anytime i hear someone criticize some airsofters or someone else who likes to get dressed up in US Mil gear I would argue that I'd rather have someone admire our troops/mil than dress up in Al Queda garb and idolize those clowns. I'm no airsofter, but I'm all for more people on our side than against us. No harm no foul.

as a LEO I have trained using airsoft before. It is a cheap economical way to train. Its either that or don't train and not learn something… what's worse? sitting on your *** is that what.

21. Wow, I want to shoot with you guys. Where are you guys at? I'm impressed by the video but more impressed that there is a good number of Asian Americans in your group. It's very rare to find Asian American shooters.

22. Plus one on showing creds! Doubt it will happen though