Our boy Mad Duo Nate turned us on to this. Check out the Regulation Tactical Reflex Mag Pouch.

Buy yours here.

Join Mad Duo Nate and our other servile lackies loyal writing staff at Breach-Bang-Clear or chat with us on Facebook.

Thanks very much Funker Tactical for the video!

Mad Duo Clear!

MadDuo_Magpul_Minivan

CavGuy02 January 24, 2013 at 3:32 am

Nice!

Lance January 24, 2013 at 10:20 am

Still take my old ALICE mag pouch.

DocCoy January 24, 2013 at 10:43 am

Okay, that is a well thought out piece of gear.

ferdhandy January 25, 2013 at 5:05 am

how many mags will it holded?

Marc January 25, 2013 at 7:44 am

Looks like two per cell.

Marc January 25, 2013 at 7:50 am

Why would you want to place empty or partially depleted magazines back in the same place you reach for full magazines?

Why would I fumble around with an empty magazine at all if I am in a fight for my life?

Why would I try to put a magazine into a small, tight hole while under stress, versus dropping it into a large hole (dump pouch) or on the ground to pick up later? What is more important: getting my rifle firing again to keep me alive or fumbling with an empty, expendable magazine?

Interesting idea on an age old concept, unfortunately it doesn't address the priorities inherent in a magazine change. Emty magazine retention is the least of my priorities when my rifle stops firing in a fight.

Marc January 25, 2013 at 7:50 am

Interesting idea on an age old concept, unfortunately it doesn't address the priorities inherent in a magazine change. Empty magazine retention is the least of my priorities when my rifle stops firing in a fight.

brian January 25, 2013 at 8:27 pm

well we would find plent of M-16 mags in taliban hands. the loved taking american weapons from the afghan army.one less mag dropped on the ground the better. the part about fumbling around boils down to training your muscle memory and conducting rifle drills as often as possible. its a neat piece of kit but i would still keep my dump pouch for just in case stuff.

Mike W February 12, 2013 at 12:12 pm

If you drop your magazine on the ground, you'll never find it again because combat is movement. If you're stationary too long you'll be shot; you always fire & move.

'Empty Magazine Retention' should be on your mind; the magazine is part of the weapon and what happens to you when you reach the point when your magazines are nearly empty and you need to refill them? That's why we carry 150-round bandoliers with sufficient 10-rd clips to top up 5 magazines. Whether it's a moment to get into some quick cover and top up your mags; or a full reorg to fill them all ready for the next bound, you will be filling mags on the hop.

Dump pouches are ok, but they rattle and can cause damage to the magazine lips, which means stoppages. I like this pouch idea; he's obviously had a think about a common problem.

Marc February 12, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Brian and Mike, I propose you practice stuffing empty/partial magazines back into ammo pouches, just so you can begin to understand why we don't do that.

Put on all your kit, grab your rifle, even leave the light on while standing up; do some magazine 'exchanges', then get back to me.