via Monderno. Pretty interesting stuff, particularly if you’re unaware of the 80% deal. Disclaimer: we’re posting this because we figger it’s an interesting read for most of you on here. Don’t read any more into it than that, and don’t get butt-hurt that we’re refuting or condoning nuthin’, and we’re certainly not claiming to be attorneys. If you go out and buy or stay home and build anything more dangerous than a Nerf gun, that’s on you.  No matter what you do, don’t make a video of yourself on some sort of overly bellicose (grunts: bellicose) pro-Second Amendment rant and post it on the interwebz – doesn’t matter if what you say is correct. Control and moderation, folks. Don’t provide ammunition to the folks that might think opposite the way you do.

Legally Build an Unregistered AR-15

I mentioned yesterday that I think building your own AR-15 makes a lot of sense in the current political climate. Today I’m going to tell you why, and give you some resources to make it happen.

Current Gun Control Push

The current gun control push is mostly about “assault weapons”, the erroneous term politicians use to demonize semiautomatic rifles like the AR-15. Again, how successful the politicians will be is yet to be determined, but make no mistake, they do not want us armed and will not give up their agenda easily.

Their game plan is to, at minimum, ban these types of weapons, preventing anyone from legally purchasing one in the future, and then to force everyone who currently owns one to register it. And, as everyone who has studied the history of gun control knows, registration has always led to confiscation.Monderno

Let’s say, academically speaking, because I’m sure no one who reads my blog would ever break the law, that you wanted to avoid this potential situation? Here’s how you do it.

Read the rest of the article here.

Mad Duo Clear

IE. Definately over January 14, 2013 at 3:14 pm
Ken Oyler May 8, 2013 at 12:40 am

WANT THE PLANS ON HOW TO BUILD THE AR15

John Bacon September 25, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Hey Ken
Hope you can help. I am a disabled viet nam combat vet. Had a bunch of brain tumors (agent orange )so my attention span is really short. I want to build 3 AR 15's. exactly alike except for caliber.
I know I want a 22LR for practice. and fun with grandkids. scope in the $150 to$ 200 Range. 3-10×50(similar)
i also know I want a 5.56 Scope in the $500 to $600 range iluminated mill dot or similar 3-10×50 similar
not sure what I need or what is available for a deer rifle. brush and cover type hunting. 270 ,30-06
something that the ammo is a reasonable price. That I can get no matter where I am. Same /Similar scope as above. Please feel free to give me suggestions. If this is not what you do …I am sorry to have interupted your day. If you have an idea where I can get some help let me know. I know that I will at least need the plans. let me know what the cost is and I'll order them.
John …
still fighting since 1967
Every day is good …enjoy it!

Bill Ford May 29, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Can't afford a real one… Is the kit reasonable??

D H Brown September 26, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Have had Ares Armor 80% build on order for over 8 months since 01/13/13 and no fulfillment yet (they also took the money on order and before shipment.). They keep making excuses as to why they can't or promises that they will. Beware!!! Order and you may never see the product ever or your money again. You've been warned.

Skully74 October 31, 2013 at 1:10 am

You need to call Ares. I spoke to them recently and they helped modify my order (I dropped the anodized ones for raw) and I received my 80% lowers in 2days. They told me that they were shipping orders placed on 1/1/13 this week, so yours should be soon.