Combat Swag has a new memorial morale patch out to support the 173RD Abn, which they “adopted” a few months ago. The proceeds from this patch will be used to help personnel from the 173RD establish a memorial for the troopers they’ve lost. They are asking for a $12 donation though you can of course give more.

Donate here and receive yours.

173RD_Airborne

Soldiers from the 173RD, TIC, Afghanistan last October (AP photo)

US Army soldier attached to 2nd platoon, C troop, 1st Squadron (Airborne) ,91st U.S Cavalry Regiment, 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team operating under the NATO sponsored International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) looks through his rifle scope during a patrol near Baraki Barak base in Logar Province, on October 13, 2012. AFP Photo

Snakebymistake February 2, 2013 at 5:56 am

Please give the transation, my Latin is pretty rusty

Carl February 2, 2013 at 10:08 am

Dolor Adventum means "An Adventure in Pain."

I also like "Nex Superne," which means Death from Above or Violent Death from Above. I had that motto engraved on my Zippo along with the 173d combat patch when I was with them in Vietnam.

Airborne!

E. Ronc February 4, 2013 at 10:36 am

would say closer to "pain is coming", but wasn't once of my best classes.

Atlatl February 2, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Paratroops of the 173d are a tough bunch. In Vietnam, 13 of their men received the MoH, not bad for a Brigade sized unit. I think only SF had more per capita.

Mark Cunningham February 2, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Former SGT E-5, MACV RECONDO, and ATL/TL Echo 3rd Bat, LZ UPLIFT. " Good, Better, Best, never letum rest, till the good get better and the better get BEST" Airborne All The Way" The Combat SWAG is a first class move. I'll support it to the Max…

Mark Cunningham

Eric February 2, 2013 at 5:47 pm

House Stark

Winter is Coming

mk February 3, 2013 at 10:50 pm

pretty sure this is outright stolen from game of thrones :/

David Reeder February 4, 2013 at 5:35 am

It does have that House Stark look to it, doesn't it?

Mk February 4, 2013 at 11:34 am

Yes, it is literally stolen from hbo's rendition of the crest.

robert February 3, 2013 at 5:19 am

I wanted to say thanks for posting a pic of my soldiers here. That pic was taken the day our platoon hit an IED while dismounted. No soldiers died but we did have to send 2 soldiers back to Germany from it. I have showen the patch to my 1SG and some of the guys, and people are planning on ordering it. Again thanks for the pic.

Filiaga (Phil) Te&#0 April 8, 2013 at 2:52 pm

VIETNAM :

I was w/ A Co 4/503rd & E TROOP 17TH CAV 173 ABN BDE…..We had field bandanas with the inscription…

…"REPENT LEG FOR GOD IS AIRBORNE"….anyone remember this?…

Phil

C-IED PLT May 23, 2013 at 11:27 am

This is the patch made by and of 4th PLT DOG CO 1-503D 173D ABCT "Counter-IED" PLT serving in both Logar and Ghazni Provinces during OEF XII-XIII. Airborne!