Q-Line Design builds each of their furniture pieces as an individual custom effort, all hand made. Bookshelves, night stands, coffee tables, etc. Looks like he can build about anything. Locks, keypads and RFID entry are available as options for additional security beyond the concealment.

Q-Line-Design

More to follow after I’m able to speak with the designer/manufacturer.

Information at http://qlinedesign.com/home/. Also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Qlinedesign.

That’s it for now. Go forth and conquer.

DR

{ 6 comments }

JCitizen March 18, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Kewl! It is good to know that furniture makers are bringing old fashion secret compartment building in the industry. I've seen desks with such compartments made way back to 1835 or so.

Dan d'Errico March 18, 2013 at 7:01 pm

D-A-M-N! I need to convince the wife we need a shelfing unit for our pantry.

majrod March 19, 2013 at 11:35 am

Outstanding!

Broadsword March 19, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Hey! I'd like to know just ONE THING; When did they get into MY house and take all the photos? AND………my BOOKS?!?!?

Seriously, the rifle photo looks at brief first glance like my Garand; What intrigued me is the concealment method. (brief pause). There…I watched the video. Being a professional cabinetmaker, my main interest was in the locking hardware, and whether there were any outside clues, such as exposed hardware, that a thorough inspection might uncover. After a few moments, it seems the best defense to that is that it really just resembles a bookcase with nothing to hide. ONLY if someone suspected otherwise might they engage in destructive 'investigation' of the case. A bad guy would REALLY need to have a cabinetmaker's trained eye and the understanding of how casework is constructed, before thinking anything but 'furniture'. Looks like a winner to me.

JDs Handsome Son March 19, 2013 at 1:30 pm

It could use at least one more hidden shelf or drawer for all the money the owner should take out of his bank before our government decides to follow Europe and assess a 10% tax on deposits.

Joe The Plumber August 23, 2013 at 6:34 pm

WOW! That is the coolest thing I have every seen. I will definitely be contacting this guy! Thanks!

Comments on this entry are closed.