Precision-guided firearms maker TrackingPoint today rolled out what it’s calling a first-of-its kind weapon: a 7.62 semi-automatic with night vision technology, including an infrared illuminator to track targets over long distances in the dark, and the company’s RapidLok precision target acquisition system.
Called the NightDragon, this rifle “allows for precision target elimination 24/7/365,” TrackingPoint CEO John McHale said in a statement.
According to a release, the weapon is designed for predator domination, hog eradication and homestead defense.
These are its key features:
- Eliminates targets out to 500 yards
- Tracks targets moving up to 15MPH
- Night vision capabilities (with IR illuminator attachment)
- Image Stabilization enables off-hand on-the-move stalking
- Records voice and video of all engagements
- RapidLokTM Target Acquisition and Control System with computerized guided trigger
This multi-featured weapon comes with a high-end price tag: $15,490. But TrackingPoint says they’ll sell the first 50 guns for just $12,995.