Here’s something for the puppy pushers. The weather in many parts of the country is making walking a little tougher on K9s and MWDs. (Note: please stop commenting about this acronym – MWD is a Military Working Dog, WMD is a Weapon of Mass Destruction, and while there are definitely some bad ass working dogs out there, they are not typically considered WMDs.)
Anyway, there’s a lot of snow- and ice-melting substances being used out there right now. Walking in the snow and slush left over from such use can push salt crystals up between the pads on the dog’s paws (not a good thing). You also of course have to worry about chunks of ice and other debris. If you have the option at your kennel or residence, use a non-toxic, salt-free melting product. If you don’t have any choice in the matter, get your partner in the Red Rocket Brigade a pair of good boots.
These are the Ruff Wear Bark’n Boots Grip Tex boots for canines. They’re all terrain boots with nonmarking Vibram soles – you might consider using them during warmer months too, if you’re working somewhere that presents other threats to the dog’s paws.
- Nonmarking Vibram® outsoles sport a multi-directional and flexible lug design that gives your dog traction on any terrain.
- Tightly woven air-mesh uppers keep out dirt, debris, sand and provide ventilation
- Adjustable closure straps ensure a customized fit; 1-piece mud guards enhance fit and durability
- Synthetic-pigskin gripping cuffs help keep boots on the paws
- The Ruff Wear Bark’n Boots Grip Tex dog boots feature 3M reflective details that provide low-light visibility from multiple angles
- These are a must have item for dogs working in hot sandy areas, hot pavement, and search & rescue environments.