The new low profile plate carrier from Tactical Tailor was designed to be a part of a whole family of concealed carry gear. The designer wore something similar he cobbled together for approximately two years in a high threat, low profile operating environment overseas.

Tac_Tailor_Low_Vis1 Tac_Tailor_Low_Vis2

The lessons learned there went into the Low Vis Plate Carrier design. For instance, it uses vinyl coated nylon with Velcro for its plates and modular pieces. This allows the panels to retain their shape. It also prevents those situations where you have to put the panel on, then replace all the mags once its mounted. Lastly they’ve found it provides a far smoother draw than standard nylon, and of course it doesn’t wear down as quickly. The real estate and configuration makes this a good option for everything from something you wear under a cover garment to a hasty DA rig. Tac_Tailor_Low_Vis4

Tac_Tailor_Low_Vis3

Here’s a little explanation:

Tac_Tailor_Low_Vis5

gunslinger6 January 16, 2013 at 7:42 am

Comments are working!?!? About time.

straps January 16, 2013 at 9:02 am

I like those skeletonized M4 hook-backed mag shingles.

FormerSFMedic January 16, 2013 at 9:56 am

What! Comments are working!? Nice! Now we can get back to normal!

Joshua January 17, 2013 at 12:15 pm

True that.
I can now add this to my regular readings again.

This is a great idea, I have always been a fan of low profile carriers in my civilian life. I may have to get me one. Question, I cannot view the video on my phone, does it offer side protection?

Sgt A January 16, 2013 at 10:39 am

Any pictures of the back side? I'm just trying to figure out what sort of cummerbund or if the side elastic is fixed, and if there's any modular webbing available on the backside.

If this is thing is compatible with the EAGLE/SKD or Crye cummerbund setups, and has even a tiny bit of attachment capability at the rear, I've found my dream PC.

David Spicer January 16, 2013 at 6:14 pm

This Looks like an exceptionally well thought out piece of gear. Leave it to Tactical Taylor. I saw one of their packs (for the first time) when I was on my second tour in the middle east in 03. I was impressed then, I am even more impressed now, especially since they have not gone the way some of the other companies have and sold to major corporations and gotten most of their manufacturing moved off shore. I am a narcotics officer and can see purchasing this out of pocket my self if need be, to add to my gear. I always try and get my stuff from them (Tac Taylor) if possible. I would also rather purchase from a company who believes in the true patriot (III)

David Spicer

OATH KEEPER

SGT (RET) ROBERT A D January 19, 2013 at 10:07 am

I wounder if I could get thier patches,they would look great on my shooting gear.

recon8541 February 22, 2013 at 12:35 pm

That looks like the one that TT is working with Deliberate Dynamics for their Gen2 Low-Pro Plate carrier….

Kurt March 3, 2013 at 10:15 am

Does anyone know when you can get one, or are they already out. I don't see it on the TT website so my guess is that it just isn't available yet, please correct me if I am wrong.

Tom March 22, 2013 at 8:07 am

When will this be out.

SGT(RET) ROBERT A DE March 23, 2013 at 11:47 am

I LOVE TO HAVE THE VEST I STILL HAVE MY IRAQ VEST MINUIS SAPI PLATES,HOW WOULD I BE ABLE TO GET YOUR PATCHES.I TEACH BASIC & ADVANCED FIRE ARMS

/ —————————-/

IWOULD USE YOUR HARDWARE ON THE RANGE.

Paul March 29, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Appears to be taking a while. Any updates?

best hodia suplement April 9, 2013 at 8:09 pm

great points altogether, you just received a logo new reader. What could you suggest about your post that you just made some days in the past? Any sure?

Dave August 19, 2013 at 4:11 am

Does anyone know when this will be available to purchase?