Prizm LensOakley’s Standard Issue Division unveiled Prizm at SHOT Show in Las Vegas last month. A lens technology developed by Oakley’s division that specializes in military and government products, the Prizm lens was developed with the military shooter in mind.

The lens utilizes formulated dye compounding technology to enhance specific wavelengths of color in order to improve the wearer’s vision and help him distinguish targets.

The Prizm lens will be offered by Oakley in three of their most popular frames — The Ballistic M Frame, The Radar and The Flak Jacket. Oakley offers three different lenses for different light variations. Buyers can receive the TR22 Prizm, TR45 Prizm and clear lens.

Oakley engineers built the lens of out Plutonite, the company’s high purity optical grade polycarbonate. It meets ANSI Z87.1 2003/2010, and ballistic fragmentation requirements per MIL PRF 32432.

The backside of the lens has advanced backside anti-fog coating. The front-side features hard coating for scratch resistance. The Prizm lens also serves as sunglasses as it blocks 100 percent of UVA, UVB and harmful violet-blue light up to 400nm wavelength.

These lenses aren’t available to the general public yet. In order to buy, Oakley requires you to be a military member, military retiree, first responder or veteran on the Oakley SI website. Veterans are a new group that Oakley SI has allowed to purchase from their website. In order to qualify, a veteran can prove his/her status with a DD Form 256 or DD Form 214, or U.S. State or U.S. Local Government identification.

Prizm Lens2

Moondawg February 18, 2014 at 7:58 am

Are the prescription lens? If not why not?

Stu February 18, 2014 at 4:55 pm

You can use the RX inserts like other M frames I think.

Mike February 19, 2014 at 12:59 am

I think he means can you get the Prizm lens as a prescription lol

Npreuss February 19, 2014 at 10:13 pm

This is so full of marketing BS it's laughable.

Every color has a specific wavelength. How you can "enhance" a "wavelength of color" is a nonsensical statement. Wavelengths are measured in nanometers, and colors associated with specific wavelengths are not adjustable. This Prizm lenses are pink ladies and gents, not TR22 Prizm, they are pink.

Plutonite = polycarbonate, same as your gas station lenses. Note that Oakley uses generic frontside scratch coating and only inside fog coating. Many manufactures use double sided anti scratch, anti fog, oleophobic to prevent scratches fog and smudges on both sides of the lens. There are reason why M-frame lenses look like hell deployment. Good luck getting this pink lenses approved by CSM anyways. Good for the breast cancer awareness run, not the range.

Stu February 20, 2014 at 5:34 pm

I Have the lenses and have used them at the range – They can be pink all they want – The are the best lenses I have used. Have you used them yet?

T. Lane February 22, 2014 at 2:37 pm

When I see someone wearing $300 sunglasses I CORRECTLY assume he is an idiot!

Stu February 23, 2014 at 4:43 pm

so I am an Idiot for having them? $300 is a small price to pay for both eye protection and clarity whilst shooting. If these Oakley s give the End user the edge over the other Bad guy, why would you not spend $300?

This same rule apply s for nearly everything we attach to a weapons system
eg – Cheap weapon light Vs X300 Ultra, Aimpoint V's Ebay red dot sight.

The eyes are arguably more important to us then any other attachment we use whilst shooting so why not spend the money on them.

I correctly assume when someone makes a comment without either using the equipment in question or thinking about the big picture – he is an idiot.

T Lane February 23, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Obviously an Oakley employee trolling this blog.

Stu February 23, 2014 at 6:22 pm

I bring valid points and I am trolling, I received some for trial whilst I was at SHOT14 – not an employee, but someone they thought relevant to trial the goods.

Unlike yourself, who I can only assume has never seen the goods in real life

I only responded to you because what you stated above – I simply pointed out the error in your comment

T Lane February 23, 2014 at 8:45 pm

$200-$300 dollars for PLASTIC sunglasses IS STUPID – no matter how much B.S. you try to spin!!!

Stu February 23, 2014 at 10:56 pm